Do You Need a Permit?

Permit Need Assessment

Permit Needed

Alterations, repairs, additions, reconstructions, new constructions, demolitions, new driveways, new sewage systems, and repairs to existing sewage systems. Certain circumstances apply.

Permit Not Needed

Re-shingling a roof (with no structural changes), repaving or paving driveways over stone. Certain circumstances apply.

When beginning a project, please call the Township office for specific directions on how to proceed.

Nuisance Ordinance

In the fall of 1993, and ordinance prohibiting certain nuisances was adopted. This ordinance states it is unlawful to throw, deposit, or dump any trash, junk, waste or discarded materials on any public or private property; or to store or to deposit any abandoned or junked vehicles on any property, either public or private.

Abandoned Vehicle

An abandoned vehicle is defined as:
  • One that is inoperable and left unattended on public property for more than 48 hours
  • One without a valid registration plate, inspection or title and left unattended for more than 48 hours
  • Other motor vehicle intentionally abandoned by its owner
A junked vehicle is any motor vehicle not in running condition and does not exhibit a valid inspection sticker. Contact the Township for an expanded definition of these vehicles.

Violation of any part of this ordinance may result in fines of $200 - $600. Please direct questions concerning this ordinance to the Township Zoning / Codes Enforcement Officer.

Registration of Non-Conforming Uses

The Zoning / Codes Department is registering non-conforming uses within the Township. If any property owner believes the current use of his property is not in compliance with the current zoning district in which the property is situated, but had existed prior to the adoption of the new zoning ordinance on December 14, 1999, the property should be registered at the Township.

This registration will help to create a record to insure grandfathered protection to those uses no longer in compliance with the Zoning Ordinance. Please contact Tim Duerr, Zoning Officer, at 717-258-5324 with questions or directions on how to proceed.